How to configure a POP email account in Outlook 2010
Here’s how to do it –
1. After you’ve launched Outlook 2010, click the File tab.
2. Click the Add Account button, and enter the following:
Your Name – Enter your name as you wish it to appear on emails.
E-mail Address – Enter your email address.
Password – Enter the password for your email account.
Retype Password – Enter your password again.
3. Click the option (at the bottom) to manually configure email settings, and then click the Next button.
4. Make sure the Internet Email option is selected, and then click the Next button.
5. Make sure POP3 is selected as account type, and enter your account information as follows:
Incoming mail server – Type mail.yourdomain for your incoming mail server.
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – Type mail.yourdomain for your outgoing mail server.
User name – Enter your full email address as user name.
Password – Enter the password.
6. Click the More Settings button.
7. Go to the Outgoing Server tab and check this box – My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
8. Go to the Advanced tab, and if required, change your server port numbers or click OK.
9. Click the Next button.
10. Finally, click the Finish button.
Now your mail account is configured in Outlook 2010 🙂